Kelsey over at Fitness Fanatic tagged me in this neat survey that has been flying around the interwebz.. and you know how much I love surveys.. so I am gladly giving it a go!!
1. Post these rules.
2. You must post 11 random things about yourself.
3. Answer the questions set for you in their post.
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
5. Go to their blog and tell them you’ve tagged them.
6. No stuff in the tagging section about you are tagged if you are reading this. You legitimately have to tag 11 people.
Okay… here are some RaNdOm things that you probably don’t even want to know about me….
When I was 2 or 3… I used to snack on milkbones. Yes. Milkbones. The treats that you give to dogs. It was Christmastime and we were at my grammy’s house in NJ. Whenever I got hungry, I made my way down to the laundry room where the milkbones were stored and had myself a little snack. I guess I got caught. Did you know that eating dog food will make a human constipated? Well, it does. Or so I’ve been told by those who were a part of my dog food eating fiasco. There is a video were I look like I am going to cry.. and my aunt asks if I’ve been eating milk bones again because I look constipated!
I never sleep to my alarm clock. It is usually set for 4:40 am. I wake up at around 4:25 each morning and then get out of bed at 4:35. I think Justin appreciates not hearing my alarm a good 2.5 hours before he needs to get up!
I lose writing utensils like it is my job. We have NO pens in our condo. It takes me quite a while to find a pen in my classroom. I also bought a 12 pack of expo dry erase markers over Christmas break (rougtly 6 weeks ago). I know were ONE of those markers is now.. and it is about to run out of ink
I eat at least two pounds of carrots a week. They are just so easy to snack on. They taste good too.. that is always a plus!
I talk to my mother every day. And I wouldn’t have it any other way! She is my best friend and has been there for me through thick and thin!
I use self tanner to prevent myself from blending in with white walls.
Now that the days are getting longer, seeing the sunrise on my way to work is definitely a perk.
I have a mustache. It may look like paper.. but I promise you it is real.
My maid of honor is training for a marathon and I am a little jealous of her. She has never run more than 5 miles at a time.. so this is a big deal for her. I might have been convinced to run it with her but it is the same reason as my Tough Mudder.
Speaking of Tough Mudder, I tried to recruit more people to join mine and Justin’s team (I know that is grammatically incorrect). I even got a few bites. Then we realized that our day is sold out. Oy Vey.
I am getting married 6 months from TOMORROW. WOOP!
And now for the questions that Kelsey asked…
1) If you could only eat 1 meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
As in breakfast.. lunch.. or dinner? I’d definitely choose breakfast. It is just hands-down the best meal of the day. Yogurt.. oats.. eggs. All things I love to eat (and I’d eat them at any meal of the day!). If you are looking for me to be more specific.. I suppose I would choose oats. They are extremly versatile and you can make them sweet.. savory.. and really create something that tastes different every time you eat it!
2) What is your favorite book?
Currently– all the Hunger Games books! I’ve read them all.. and will read again before the movie comes out!!
3) What was your favorite childhood memory?
Hmm. I’m going to go with Snow Days! Whenever we had a snow day, I would play outside with two boys in my neighbor hood. We would sled, trek through the woods, build forts.. and have fun! Once we were fully numb, we’d go to my house and my mom would cook up some mac and cheese or pizza.. along with hot chocolate… relax.. and play games or watch TV. I always remember having so much fun on snow days!
4) What’s your favorite joke?
I am not a big joke person. Why did the chicken cross the road? To get to the other side…
5) Who is your favorite actor?
I am one of those weird people who legit does not have a favorite actor.. or actress.
6) What is your biggest dream in life?
I want to live a life full of love, happiness, and laughter. I want to strive to reach new goals and never be afraid to try something new. I want to have a family – and raise my children just as well as my parents raised me… and I always want my family and dearest friends to be close … to be involved in my life … and to share in all the joy that is to come.
7) What’s YOUR favorite number? (did you notice I picked #7 to ask this question? haha)
My favorite number is 5. It used to be 4. But.. in high school, a girl on year older then me tried to bleach the #4 basketball uniform. It was nasty. So I took 5 instead. And then it became my favorite number. There really is no rhyme or reason why I love this number…
8) Who was your favorite teacher growing up and why?
Hmm. I honestly loved most of my teachers. I think that happens when you are a brown noser and a goodie two shoes. (But now that I am a teacher.. I am pretty sure I was annoying from the teacher’s view point). I am going to go with my second grade teacher(s) .. not because I teach second grade.. but because I learned a very valuable lesson!
When I first found out who my second grade teacher was.. I was crying hysterically. Mrs. T was “the meanest teacher ever.” And I had no idea how I was going to survive second grade with the meanest teacher ever. Turns out.. she was an awesome teacher. Then.. in December.. we found out that she was retiring and we would be getting a NEW teacher for the second half of the year. Now.. I cried because Mrs. T was leaving.. and she was the best teacher!
When my new teacher started, I must admit that she was freakin’ awesome too! But I learned never to judge a teacher based off of the rumors that may surround them!
9) What is your favorite candy?
Dark Chocolate. Amano Dark Chocolate if you want specifics.
10) What is your biggest accomplishment?
Getting a teaching job as soon as I finished school. The job market is tough.. and the teaching job market is very tough right now. Districts are cutting teachers and making classes bigger. I worked hard in school to get to where I am!
11) What is your favorite thing to wear?
Flip flops. Come back summer.. my feet miss you!
And now here are my 11 Questions..
1. What is your dream vacation spot?
2. Did you pass your driver’s test on the first try?
3. What was you most memorable birthday celebration?
4. Do you keep in touch with any teachers from grade school/high school?
5. If you could only do one form of exercise from now until forever.. what would it be?
6. What is your favorite dessert?
7. What was your favorite drinking game in college? (or now.. whatever floats your boat).
8. If you could have any career .. what would you choose?
9. What is your perfect Friday night?
10. What is your favorite movie?
11. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
And now for the tagged:
Hope you guys play along.. looking forward to you answers!