Happy Friday, loves! Happy Happy Friday – that precedes a long weekend! Anyone up to anything fun!?
I shared with you last week a yummy egg white salad that I creatied – inspired by the Egg White Salad with Chives that I purchased from Trader Joes.
I’ve never made Egg Salad using anything but the whole egg – and mayonaise.
Well.. I’ve also never liked egg salad before because I don’t like the yolks of eggs.
Let me tell you – I am IN LOVE with egg Salad now!!
Egg White Salad
Makes 2 Servings
- 4 Egg Whites (hardboiled, cooled.. shelled.. you know.. just the white part)
- 1/4 Cup Frozen Peas (slightly defrosted in microwave)
- 1 tbsp chopped green onion
- 1 tbsp Sherry Wine Vinegar (I bet apple cider vinegar would be GREAT.. just don’t have any)
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp honey (just to soften the tang a tiny bit.. but if tang is what you want.. then omit this)
- Slice the egg whites into 1/4 in pieces
- Add frozen peas and green onions
- Add mustard, sherry wine vinegar, lemon juice
- Decide if you want to sweeten… if so add honey.
- Mix together – and let sit in refrigerator for at least a half hour .. allowing flavors to disperse
I enjoyed this in an open faced sandwich .. and also mixed in the a salad. It is a great summer meal – that is very friendly to a light diet and healthy life style!!
What is your favorite non-veggie based salad??