Goodness gracious. I am stressed to the max and overwhelmed. I don’t know which direction I am going in.. but it is all for good reason! I’ve got two half days of school left.. and then am immediately taking off for vacation!
Um – yeah .. about that. It is SUPER difficult to leave for a vacation on the SAME day you finish a school year. There is too much to do.. for both occasions. I will probably never have the two fall on the same day again. Throw the blog in there.. and I’ve got myself a doozy of a list of things to get done!
So – today’s post will be short and sweet because I’ve got lots to do. Here are three things that have been going on in my life as of late.
- I bought 17 candy bars yesterday.
Look at that goodness. All of me. I’ve eaten 10 of then already.
Ha. Just kidding. It is actually part of the end of year gift I am giving to my students. I made awards that revolve around each candy bar – and created Award Certificates for each kid:
Here are a few of my favorites:
- Milky Way Award – presented to a student for being OUT OF THIS WORLD!
- Almond Joy Award – presented to a student who brought joy to our classroom every day!
- Pop Rock Award – presented to a student who rocked all the way through second grade!
- Starburst Award – presented to a student who was a shining star in the class
- Snickers Award – presented to a student who always knew how to make us snicker and smile!
Ahh. I could actually go on listing all 17 – so I must stop myself! (Remember.. I am working under time contraints here…)
- When someone else cries.. I cry too.. even if there is no connection to me.
So – a number of teachers at our school are moving on. And we had a little celebration with cake.. where each teacher shared with the staff a few words. Now – I do not know any of these teachers very well. I am a first year teacher – then two of them taught on a different floor then me.. and the others are part of the middle school – not the elementary school.
Well – they were sad to be leaving – and shed tears. Well.. guess who had tears rollin’ down her face too?!
Oh yeah. This girl. It was kind of embarassing. No one else was crying.. except the people leaving. And me. AWKWARD!!!
- I ditched the dinner plan this week. Um. Yeah. All that.. feeling like I don’t have enough time to do things.. kind of made me toss the dinner plans out the door.
When Justin came home on Tuesday – I told him I dind’t feel like making sweet and sour chicken.. and asked if we could do our own thing for the night. Fine with him.. he had hot dogs and fries.. I had a salad.
After dinner I said.. Um.. We are on our own for dinner tomorrow night too.
Good think he is such a great guy and lvoes to eat his hot dogs, chicken nuggets and fries!!
Tonight though – we will be doing homemade pizza. I haven’t canceled on him. Yet.
Okay – your up.. tell me one thing that has been goin on in your life lately! Are you a crying groupie like me?!